Today's Featured Band -- Cults


If the year were to end today, I would proclaim Cults, and their track "You Know What I Mean" as the band and track of the year. Their debut album isn't being released until May, but several tracks have made their way onto the blogs, and of the tracks I've heard, "You Know What I Mean" is a stomp the floor, pound the table, certifiable hit. It's a '50's throwback Phil Spector "Wall of Sound" meets lo-fi song and at the 49 second mark, be prepared to be blown away. You will be listening to this over and over again.



 

Cults will be at Johnny Brenda's in Philadelphia on Saturday, March 26 for an R5 Productions show with Asobi Seksu and Warm Ghost. I'll be there, click here for tickets. Their debut single, "Go Outside," is available for download from iTunes and Amazon.

1 Response to Today's Featured Band -- Cults

  1. Emma says:

    I absolutely love Cults! Especially their new song "Abducted." Check it out on NPR here: http://www.npr.org/2011/04/12/135217652/new-mix-death-cab-for-cutie-my-morning-jacket-more?sc=nl&cc=asc-20110412o4/13SPINMag.BREAKINGOUTfeature#playlist

    I can't wait for their new album coming out June 7th!!

Post a Comment